Most desired type of towbar due to the option of the neck being easily detached from the vehicle when not in use, making it invisible.
All Towbars are guaranteed for life!
Detachable Style Towbars
Does not affect parking sensors whatsoever.
Electrics can be hidden behind the bumper, un-affecting the appearance of the vehicle.
Compatible with Alko style stabilisers.
Detachable Towbar Disadvantages
Most expensive type of towbar
With detachable style towbars there are only a certain range of cycle carriers that are compatible.
Most accessories cannot be bolted on i.e. bumper guards.
How to Remove a Detachable Towbar Neck
Installing and removing the neck of a detachable towbar is quick and simple, in just a few moves:
- Remove the cap from the receiver
- Place the neck into position and push in until it locks automatically
- Insert the key and turn anti-clockwise towards yourself to secure against theft
- Inset the key, turn clockwise to unlock
- Push the locking handle inwards and turn clockwise
- At the same time and with the other hand, pull the neck away (it might need wiggling as you pull the neck out, especially if new)
- Place the bung/cap back into the receiver.